Last week, I picked up these tin animals at a resale shop.
I actually had a pig and cow as well, but I sold them. I kept the horse and rooster. I have quite a few projects planned with them.
I cut a piece of wood to fit an ornate framed I painted white. I wanted lots of texture and pattern, so I used a piece of wood with an interesting gain. I used light coats of spray paint to cover the board. I wanted the horse black, so that was my first coat.
This is the same technique I used with the chandelier image in my "Garden and Distractions" post.
I laid the horse down in the center of the board, and did a spray of white over it. The image used has to be as flat as possible, and you need to spray directly over it. Next, I framed it.
I've done the same thing with birds, etc. The technique is simple, but there are many, many variations. I'll share a few soon.
While I rested yesterday, tons of redesign ideas swirled in my head. I'm working on a few today. See ya soon.