Last year I was covering cones I picked up at an estate sale with script.
I've had an idea in my head recently to use one of them as a vase, and, I had to figure out something for the base. While rummaging through my stash of metal lamp, and, chandelier parts, I found the answer.
A bolt pushed through the inside of the cone, and, secured under the base of this ornate metal piece was my answer.
The base, and the cone were painted, and distressed. The image is decoupaged on. I also gave it a touch of bling with a rhinestone.
It's not intended to hold water. Although, a glass tube inserted would do the trick. As it is, dried flowers, branches, or faux fleurs would be perfect.
I'm working on another one, with a different feel. Here's a peek.
I'm also back in the mood of making miniature crowns.
This one has layers of grey, rose pink, and white.
Again, I'm doing a lot of experimenting.