This statue is from my 2011 post, "More Stone". She started out like this,
and I made her look like this.
Well, I got a little bored with it, and decided to give her another makeover. I layered on a few more shades of white and grey, followed by a wash of a watered down brownish paint. I let the color seep into the crevices, and wiped it back. I then took a sponge sander, and distressed her.
I dry brushed each layer.
With less grey, I did something similar with this cherub, and one of my mini busts.
I used various shaded of white paint and a little plaster, followed by my wash.
I made a mini tiara for my little lady with a fragment from a damaged vintage bridal boutonniere. It's made of waxed beads, has nice patina, and works perfectly with the finish.
I have an idea for my cherub.
See ya soon.
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground: Be Inspired
No Minimalist Here: Open House