Here is the before.
This is another piece that sported those swoopy carvings I don't care for. I troweled on plaster to tone them down, leaving just a hint of the design. I also added gesso here and there to mimic the plaster. After sanding the plaster back, I applied a soft green paint. With more sanding, that peeling plaster feel started to take shape.
After some scraping with a trowel, and another sanding, I got the look I wanted.
In keeping with the fresco inspiration, I added a faded rose to the top.
I have quite a few redesigns to share, check back soon.
I'm sharing with:
Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday